Tuesday, November 1, 2011

hitchhiker letterbox

so i have gone and created my first letterbox. it's a hitchhiker letterbox. a hitchhiker letterbox is: A letterbox without a home. A hitchhiker is hidden with another letterbox, and the person that finds it is expected to take the hitchhiker to another letterbox. - as defined by atlas quest. my hitchhiker was not carved by me, i got another letterboxer to do that, and she did an amazing job! i had asked for a carve of a rose and she did wonderfully. i named the letterbox 'just as sweet' after shakespeare's romeo and juliet's quote of '... a rose by any other name...'. i'm very excited about it. since one can't find it unless it's at the letterbox they are at, for the clue i just put the full quote from the play. for the first find, i'm mailing it to one of my best friends, lindsay. she lives in florida and is the person who got me into letterboxing. so i'm going to mail it off to her and she can put it in the first letterbox that she finds. here's how the clue looks for my letterbox - click on clue. and here's the picture the of what my stamp is.
 - i must say a big thank you to a friend of mine. he really helped me out with what i should name the letterbox, what the stamp should be and everything else. so big thank you to my portillos eating partner in crime.

No comments: